|CVG Application Center|
Would you like to apply for TSA Pre✓™, but you’re not quite sure how to get the proverbial ball rolling?
You need to visit a TSA Pre✓™ Application Center. You can do this in one of two ways.
- Pre-enroll online and make an appointment to visit an application center.
- Visit any application center as a “walk-in.” (Please note that you may experience a longer wait time without an appointment.)
After applying, successful applicants will receive a Known Traveler Number (KTN) via U.S. mail approximately 2-3 weeks following the visit to the application center. Applicants can also check their status here.
Individuals who already have a KTN include members of the following U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Trusted Traveler programs: Global Entry, NEXUS or SENTRI. These members are already eligible for TSA Pre✓™. Lawful permanent residents, enrolled in a CBP program, are not yet eligible for TSA Pre✓™. They will be able to begin participation this summer.
Additionally, all U.S. Armed Forces service members, including those serving in the U.S. Coast Guard, Reserves and National Guard, are automatically eligible for TSA Pre✓™ by using their Department of Defense ID number as their KTN.
Helpful TSA Pre✓™ Links:
- Locate an Application Center
- View the list of required identity and proof of citizenship/immigration documents.
- View More Information and Frequently Asked Questions about the Application Process
- Check TSA Pre✓™ Status Online
- What is TSA Pre✓™?
See you next week with more TSA Travel Tips!
If you have a travel related issue or question that needs an immediate answer, you can contact us by clicking here.