While some eligible passengers are randomly excluded from expedited screening in TSA Pre✓™ lanes, we were surprised to learn how many people are excluded because of errors made in entering information when they book their reservation. On a given day, hundreds of people miss out because of a few simple errors.
A few of the basic reasons are as follows:
- Entered the incorrect Global Online Enrollment System (GOES) PASS ID number, or entered it in the wrong field when making their airline reservation online.
- Entered a date of birth (DOB) when making their reservation that did not match the DOB they provided to Customs and Border Protection (CBP) for Global Entry or another CBP trusted traveler program.
- If you have Global Entry and want to qualify for TSA Pre✓™, enter your PASS ID - not the GOES ID - in the “Known Traveler” field when booking flight reservations.
- Only enter your PASS ID in the ‘Known Traveler’ field to ensure TSA Pre✓™ eligibility. Don’t type “Opt In” or “TSA Pre✓™” or other text.
- If you don’t know what your PASS ID is, you can find it on the back of your Global Entry card, or you can log in to your GOES account to get the ID number.
- Make sure your booking agent/airline has your number stored correctly.
Watch this quick video on how to properly participate in TSA Pre✓™.
If you haven’t seen it yet, make sure you check out our post highlighting the dangerous, scary, and downright unusual items our officers found in 2012. The 2011 list can be found here.
TSA Blog Team