As of today, TSA Pre✓™ is now available for select US Airways frequent flyers and CBP Trusted Traveler members at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX). The TSA Pre✓™ line is located at the Terminal 4A security checkpoint.
Have you already opted into TSA Pre✓™ but rarely get selected for expedited screening? Here are some possible reasons why as well as some tips:
- First off, to keep things random and unpredictable for anyone with bad intentions, there are times where you may not be selected for expedited screening.
- TSA Pre✓™ is currently only available for U.S. citizens traveling domestically on a participating airline, out of a participating airport. Click here for the most updated list.
- If you are a member of a CBP Trusted Traveler program, be sure you’re including your PASS ID – found in the top-left corner on the back of your membership card – in the ‘Known Traveler’ field every time you book a flight. If you’re not sure it’s in there, especially if you’re not booking it yourself, you can always call your airline to confirm that your number is on the reservation before you fly.
Bonus Tip: Did you know that kids 12 and under can travel with you through the TSA Pre✓™ lane? If you didn't, now you know! That info might come in handy this summer.
In case you're wondering what TSA Pre✓™ is, you can go here to read all about it. Long story short, it's an initiative that allows passengers to keep their shoes and belts on, and keep their laptops in their bags. Also, it is free to many members who have been opted in by participating airlines. To see if you may qualify for TSA Pre✓™ benefits please click here.
Here are some other TSA Pre✓™ posts that might interest you:
- TSA Pre✓™ Through Global Entry: One Sweet Deal!
- The Scoop on TSA Pre✓™
- More Than 1 Million Passengers Screened by TSA Pre✓™
- TSA Pre✓™ Pilot to Expand to 28 of the Busiest US Airports
If you have a travel related issue or question that needs an immediate answer, you can contact us by clicking here.