For all the Android users out there, I wanted to let you know that the My TSA App, previously available for iPhone and mobile web users, is now available at Google Play.
The My TSA App provides passengers with 24/7 access to the most commonly requested TSA information.
- Airport Status: Users can see what airports are experiencing general delays (not flight specific) or search for conditions at a specific airport. This information is provided by the FAA.
- ‘Can I Bring?’: Users can type in an item they plan to bring on a trip to find out if it is permitted or prohibited, and whether they can pack it in carry-on or checked bags.
- Guide: Users can get travel tips on an array of some of the most popular topics of air travel, including traveling with children, 3-1-1 rules for liquids, gels and aerosols, special medical needs, packing tips, tips for how to dress for airport security, tips for military members, and traveling with food and gifts.
- Security wait times: My TSA gives passengers the ability to share their wait time and see what wait times other passengers have posted for U.S. airports.
- Contacting TSA: If a user can’t find information they need on the app or the TSA website or wants to provide feedback, they can contact the TSA Contact Center by phone or email by clicking the “About” button on the main page of the app.
Also, we recently updated our template for the TSA Blog, and since doing so, it is now mobile-friendly.